Choose this stylish Touch-Plate 5001 almond remote control switch station to replace your older broken or outdated one button Touch-Plate device unit. Features a single two-wire momentary push button to operate 1 light. Replaces previous 5101, 50-1 & 50-1PL 1 button Touchplate units.
- 2 wire low voltage system (cannot be used in 3-wire systems)
- 4 amp @ 28 volts switch contact rating
- 1 momentary contact switch
- if needed, add a Touch-Plate 5000 series wiring instruction diagram to your order (free with purchase)
- durable plastic switch plate is 4-1/2" x 2-3/4"
- one 1-1/8" x 5/8" horizontal push button switch
- screw holes spaced 3-9/32" apart in bracket
- two 1" mounting screws included
- replaces 5101, 50-1 & 50-1PL 1 button Touchplate units
- 500C1-0100A-ALM (formerly 5001-ALM) by Touch Plate, satin almond
- buy a Touch Plate 5001 switch in 2 other colors
- made in USA
Mix and match your Touch-Plate device styles - simply click Touch-Plate Lighting Devices to view our full selection of light switches, transverters, switch plates and more.
NOTE FOR 3-WIRE SYSTEMS: Upgrading a 3-wire system such as Remcon, GE or Bryant? This switch won't work. You must double the number of switches on those systems, so if you have a 1-switch unit, change to a 2-switch Touch-Plate.
Q & A
A. The 1-button Touch Plate light switches are designed for Touch Plate low voltage systems which use a 2-wire setup (and where the same button can control one light by being alternately pressed to turn the light on or off). In contrast, Remcon controls are based on a 3-wire system, so when adapting them during an upgrade, you double the number of switches you were using so that one button turns the light on and the other turns it off.