Light switch cover expanders will extend the area around your double switch plate to hide unsightly paint buildup, wall gaps, or cracked sheetrock around your electrical box. These expansion panels are 1.5" larger in both height and width compared to a regular double wall plate so can be used as wall guards to protect the paint in high-traffic areas. Bigger than both standard and oversized switch plates, these jumbo Wall Switch Plate Extenders are an easy, affordable way to correct cosmetic flaws caused by remodeling changes or contractor errors. Use it to surround oversized or standard size 2 gang wall switchplates.
- Thin profile switch plate wall shield adjusts easily to wall surface to work under all light switchplates or electrical outlet covers.
- May be used with both regular and jumbo light switch covers with any type of device - toggle, duplex outlet, rocker, etc.
- Etched metal expanders are 6" high x 6" wide x .03" thick in white enamel steel to match our white switch plates.
- Center cutout is 4" wide by 2.85" high with two sets of box-mounting screw holes (vertically 3.281" apart center to center).
- Expands area covered by standard 2-switch wall plates by 1.5" in height and 1.5" in width. (Change from standard 4.5" to new 6" height.).
- Extends the area covered by oversized switchplates by .5" in both height and width.
- Designed to work on a 2-gang electrical box.
- Installs with your electrical device screws - just thread them through your device, through this panel and screw into the electrical box.
- Tip: To make it blend in with the wall and not clash with your switchplate finish, cover with wallpaper or paint to match your wall color, or paint to better match your wall plate cover, then varnish to protect the finish - see instructions for painting switch plate covers.
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive product.
- Goof plate to extend wall coverage on a single gang plate, see our 6" x 4" wall plate extenders.
Needing a larger version? View the 8" by 8" Wall Expander for 2 Gang Boxes.
Step 1: Turn power off to the electrical box. Remove current light switch cover.
Step 2: Remove screws holding device in box. Pull slightly away from box.
Step 3: Set wall switch plate expander over electrical box and adjust the position until tab openings are in alignment with screw holes. Placing the electrical device over the expander cover, install screws by threading them through device and expander directly into electrical box mounting openings.
Step 4: Replace wallplate and screw into place, tightening down for a snug fit up against the wall. Restore power to box.