Wall switch cover expanders will extend the area around your single gang electrical switch plate to hide gapping, unsightly built-up paint, or cracked drywall around your wall box. These expansion panels are 1-1/2" taller and 1-1/4" wider compared to a regular single wall plate cover and act as wall guards to protect the paint around covers in high-traffic areas. Larger than both regular and oversized switch plates, these Oversized Light Switch Cover Extenders are an easy, affordable way to correct visual flaws caused by contractor errors or remodeling changes.
- Finish: enamel white (matches our white light switch covers)
- Thin slightly flexible jumbo panel easily adapts to wall surface for use under all light switch covers or electrical outlet plates.
- Steel expanders are 6" high x 4" wide with 2 box mount screw holes.
- Mount with included 1/2" white screws or with any standard switchplate screws.
- Extends area covered by a 1-switch wall plate by 1.5" in height and 1.25" in width. (Standard plate is 4.5" x 2.75".)
- Designed to work on a 1-gang electrical box.
- Screw spacing is 3-9/32
- Center opening 2" wide x 2-7/8" high
- Tip: May be covered with wallpaper or painted to match your wall color. See instructions for painting light switch covers.
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive product.
Needing a larger version? Purchase the 6" by 6" Wall Expander for 1 Gang Boxes.
Step 1: Turn power off to the electrical wall box then remove your current light switch plate.
Step 2: Remove screws holding electrical device in box, then pull it slightly away from box.
Step 3: Slip device through center opening of wall switch plate expander then seat panel over electrical box, adjusting the position as needed until tab openings are in alignment with screw holes. Place the electric device over the expander cover, and reinstall screws by threading them through device and expander directly into wall box mounting holes.
Step 4: Replace wallplate and screw into place. Tightening down as needed for a snug fit against the wall. Restore power to box.