Easily and attractively hide wall imperfections with this 5-gang wall guard switch plate expander that extends the covered area around your 5-gang electrical switchplate. Perfect for protecting wallpaper and specialty paint in high traffic locations as well as covering spaces, cracked plaster, lumpy paint, large cutouts around your masonry box. These expansion panels are 2" taller and 2.5" longer than a regular 5-switch wallplate cover. Expanders can be used with standard, midway, or oversized covers. Fast, affordable way to make visual problems disappear.
- Finish: white enamel that matches our white light switchplate covers.
- Thin slightly flexible extra large panel easily adapts to wall surface for use under all wall plate covers.
- Steel expanders are 12.5" wide x 6.5" tall with 10 box-mount pass-though screw holes.
- Center cutout is 9.25" wide by 2.85" high with five sets of box-mounting screw holes (vertically 3.281" apart center to center).
- Mount with included 1/2" white screws or with any standard wallplate screws.
- When used with standard 5-gang plate (10" x 4.5") covers an additional 1" top and bottom plus 1-1/4" on both left and right sides (total 2" in height and 2-1/2" in width.
- Designed to work on 5-gang electrical boxes.
- Tip: Cover with wallpaper or paint to match your existing wall color. See instructions for painting light switch wallplates.
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive product design.
Step 1: Turn power off to the electrical wall box. Remove your 5-gang light switch plate.
Step 2: Unscrew the electrical devices, then pull them away from the box.
Step 3: Pull devices through the center cutout in the expander then seat panel over electrical box, aligning the small holes with those in the box. Reinstall your electrical devices by threading screws through devices and expander directly into wall box mounting holes.
Step 4: Replace switch plate and screw into place. Tighten down as needed for a snug fit against the wall surface. Restore power to your electrical box.