Guard + hide! 8" x 8" light switch cover expander protects wallpaper and paint around 2-gang box. When used with standard or oversized 2-gang wall plates, this 8" x 8" wall guard extends the size of your current wall plate. Adds an extra 1-3/4" around all four sides of a standard double light switch cover to protect wallpaper, preserve custom paint, hide broken drywall, or cover up poorly cut holes in granite, paint built-up, or lumpy caulking. These jumbo light switch and receptacle cover extenders work with all types of electrical devices making them an easy, affordable way to hide visual flaws or remodeling errors.
- Finish: white enamel that matches our white light switchplate covers.
- Extra large panel is slightly flexible allowing it to adapt to wall surface for use under all wall plate covers.
- Steel extenders are 8" wide x 8" tall with 4 pass-though screw holes to attaching to 2-gang handy box.
- Center cutout is 4" wide by 2.85" high with two sets of box-mounting screw holes (vertically 3.281" apart center to center).
- Installs using your device or wall plate screws.
- Expands area of around a standard 2-gang cover by an extra 1.75" on all sizes. (Standard double plate is 4.5" x 4.5".)
- Designed to work on 2-gang electrical boxes.
- Tip: Cover with wallpaper or use paint to match your walls. See instructions for painting light switch covers.
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive design.
Step 1: Turn off power off to the masonry box then remove your current double light switch plate.
Step 2: Remove installation screws in the electrical devices, then pull the devices slightly away from box.
Step 3: Slip devices through the big opening in the wall switch cover expander then place panel directly over electrical box small holes as needed until they are aligned with screw holes. Install electrical device screws through the expander cover directly into wall box mounting holes.
Step 4: Replace wall plate and screw into place. Tighten down as needed for a snug fit against the wall surface. Restore power to your electrical box.