Ivory GE Low Voltage 1 Vertical New Switch Insert Adapts Modern Decorator Wall Plate Openings
Adapt a modern decor opening to accept a GE low voltage switch with this custom wallplate strap. This adapter can be used for multi-gang cover plates where you need to add a low voltage switch next to another type of device. You will still need to buy a separate multi-gang decora rocker wallplate to use along with insert. These conversion overlays are not compatible with old style GE switches so be sure to get a new GE switch to go with it - choose from regular switches, locator switches, pilot light switches, etc. This handy GE low voltage switch filler insert is recommended for wallplates with the screws on the top an bottom. An easy, convenient way to design your own larger low voltage wall plate configuration.
- 4.1875" tall x 1.75" wide x .03" flat metal insert plus mounting strap
- screw holes spaced 3.281" center to center
- ivory enamel finish steel
- two screws to install in wallbox
- install under your current wall plate (no cover switchplate included - insert only)
- low voltage switch opening is 1-9/32" H x 49/64" W; switch clips into front
- if desired, paint to match the color of your existing switchplate
- Kyle Switch Plates custom item
- strap only - wallplate not included - order rocker light switch plates separately
- mount cover plate (not included) with cover plate's screws
- see 1 Switch Low Voltage Insert for a switch that is oriented 90 degrees from this one (for plates mounted with screws left and right)
IMPORTANT: If you just want a regular switch plate for 1 old GE or Bryant rocker switch, they may be ordered here: 1 Switch Cover Plate for GE or Bryant Original Low Voltage Switches.
IMPORTANT: If you just need a switch plate to to use when you replace your vintage switch with a new GE switch with a black edges, they may be ordered here: 1 Switch Cover Plate for New GE Low Voltage Light Switches.
IMPORTANT: If you are looking for low voltage switches to fit a Decora rocker switch opening, see decorator Touch-Plate Ultra low voltage light switches.
- Step 1: Mount the insert directly to electrical box.
- Step 2: Place your regular Decora rocker switchplate atop it.
- Step 3: Install with screws that go with your regular wall plate by twisting through both the cover into the insert.