GE Low Voltage 1 Vertical New Switch Decor Plate Insert Converts Modern Wall Plate Openings
Change over a modern decor opening to accept a low voltage device with this 1 switch low voltage wallplate strap. This insert can be used for multiple-gang cover plates where you need to add a low voltage switch next to other shape devices. You will still need to buy a separate multi-gang rocker switch plate. These conversion overlays are not compatible with old style GE switches so be sure to get a new switch to go with it - choose from regular switches, locator switches, pilot light switches, etc. This handy GE low voltage switch filler insert is recommended for wallplates with the screws on the top an bottom. An easy, convenient way to design your own larger low voltage wall plate configuration.
DISCONTINUED - PLEASE SEE SIMILAR GE New Low Voltage 1 Switch Insert for Decor Rocker Plates FOR ALTERNATIVE.
- 4.1875" tall x 1.75" wide x .03" flat metal insert plus mounting strap
- screw holes spaced 3.281" center to center
- white enamel finish steel
- two installation screws included
- install under your current wall plate (no cover switchplate included - insert only)
- low voltage switch opening is 1-9/32" H x 49/64" W; switch clips into front
- if desired, paint to match the color of your existing switchplate
- Kyle Switch Plates custom product
- strap only - wallplate not included - order rocker light switch plates separately
- when mounting cover plate (not included) use the cover plate's screws
- see 1 Switch Low Voltage Insert for a switch that is oriented 90 degrees from this one (for plates mounted with screws left and right)
IMPORTANT: If you just want a regular switch plate for 1 old GE or Bryant rocker switch, they may be ordered here: 1 Switch Wall Plate for GE or Bryant Original Low Voltage Switches.
IMPORTANT: If you just need a switch plate to to use when you replace your vintage switch with a new GE switch with a black border, they may be ordered here: 1 Switch Wall Plate for New GE Low Voltage Light Switches.
IMPORTANT: If you are looking for low voltage switches to fit a Decora rocker switch opening, see decorator Touch-Plate Ultra low voltage light switches.
- Step 1: Mount the insert directly to electrical box.
- Step 2: Place your regular Decora rocker switchplate atop it.
- Step 3: Install with the screws from your regular wall plate by twisting through both the cover into the insert.