This double switch low voltage strap is used to convert a standard rocker switch plate opening to a double GE low voltage switch opening in a multi-gang plate.
Multi-gang switch plates sold separately - select a plate to fit your needs. Simply add this conversion insert into a rocker opening and pop in 2 new GE switches (not compatible with old GE switches).
- 4.1875" tall x 1.75" wide x .03" flat metal insert
- insert & screws included
- screw holes spaced 3.281" center to center
- made of white enameled steel
- install under your current wall plate - or purchase a plate with a rocker opening
- for single-gang boxes, get a 2-switch cover plate here
- low voltage GE switch openings are 1-9/32" W x 49/64" H
- GE switches clip into front of insert
- may be painted to match your existing cover plate
- Kyle Switch Plates custom-made product
- one strap only - wall plate is NOT included - order rocker light switchplates separately
- note that wall plate should be mounted on top using wall plate's screws
IMPORTANT: If you need a regular cover for 2 old GE switches, they are available here: 2-Switch Cover Plate for GE or Bryant Original Low Voltage Light Switches.
IMPORTANT: If you need to replace your vintage switches with new GE switches, they can be ordered here: New GE Switches & Low Voltage Covers.
- Step 1: Insert screw through the insert to mount to the electrical box
- Step 2: Place your regular Decora rocker switchplate atop it
- Step 3: Install your regular wall plate with that plate's screws by twisting through both the cover and insert