Surface mount electrical devices on 4x4 box with 1/2" raised mud rings for center mount switches and wall plates. This two-gang mud-ring fits on boxes that are recessed in the wall after drywall or plaster was added and is designed to lift the electrical devices up and flush with the wall surface. Fits an electrical square box for mounting decorator rocker, GFCI, toggle, duplex outlet, or intercom devices in the middle. Use anywhere bulky, behind-the-scenes wiring requires the use of a two gang electrical box to accommodate all wires in a home or office building such as smart tuner keypad or speaker installation in high-end multi-room audio sound systems, whole-house digital entertainment systems, intercom communications networks (such as those by Russound).
- heavy duty galvanized steel 4.25" x 4.25" raised plaster ring with 0.5" deep flange to lift devices up from electrical box; Mulberry, UL listed
- screw holes for centered devices; fits on 2 gang electrical square boxes (4-1/4" x 4-1/4")
- device mounts onto raised plaster ring and switch plate mounts onto device
- 1-15/16" wide opening in center; vertical center screw holes spaced at 3-9/32" apart center to center (standard box mount)
- Mud-ring works with all standard devices - decorator rocker switches, toggle switches, dimmers and duplex outlets.
- Use mudring when only one electrical switch is to be mounted in the center of a double gang box, either for aesthetic reasons or when extra mounting room is needed
- Guide for Covering Centered Switches - make sure to order the right mud ring and cover for your specific electrical box
NOTE: Main photo only shows product; extra photos showing a flat ring for usage examples only. This 1/2" raised ring fits the same boxes and devices.
If installing on 4-11 box, see the larger plaster ring for 4-11/16" junction boxes.
Click Electrical Switches, Toggles, Outlets, Dimmers for Switchplates for electric devices in black, brown, gray, white, ivory, light almond or red.