Surface Mount 1 Switch GE Low Voltage Cover Set - Ivory
Update a vintage GE RSS-1 switch base and original mini rocker low voltage light switch. This replacement elevated switch unit sits on the wall surface for easy install on cement walls or other spots where you cannot set the electrical box into the wall. The included switch itself has 2 buttons - one side is ON and other is OFF.
Kit includes one ivory switch plate with screws, a new ivory GE 24-volt light switch with wiring connectors, and a surface-mount extender ring with screws. Separate mounting anchors appropriate for your surface material will be required (not included) if you cannot use the regular electrical screws included for any reason.
SWITCHES ARE ON EXTENDED MANUFACTURER BACKORDER EST. Q1 2022 RELEASE DATE. PLEASE ORDER PLATES AND SWITCHES SEPARATELY. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. WE RECOMMEND THE TRIGGER SWITCHES AND DESPARD PLATES AS AN ALTERNATIVE.
- replace a GE RA 13 frame or RSS-1 surface-mount wall switch
- assembly requires the switch quick connectors to be bent to a 90° angle using pliers
- raised extension ring is 5" H x 3-1/4" W x 3/4" D
- ring adds .75" depth to allow switch to sit on top of wall surface; screw holes spaced 3-9/32" apart
- cover is 4.5" high by 2-3/4" wide x 5/32" deep; screws spaced 3-9/32" apart from centers
- ivory enamel finish on smooth .030" thick steel wall plate
- screws are included (two .5" wall plate screws and two 1-5/8" extender ring screws' purchase longer wallplate screws if needed)
- UL listed 3A 24 V.A.C. SPDT momentary manual override ivory switch by GE
- switch back has five 0.187" quick disconnect terminals
- separate ON and OFF buttons
- wire single pole or 3-way - order GE Switch Wiring Instructions
- replaces GE RFS9, RFS6 and RFS3 Bryant switches that look similar to the discontinued GE ones listed
- some assembly required (snap switch into plate, stack plate over extension ring)
- made in USA
This is a surface mount cover. If you need to replace a switch that is sunken into the wall, get just the replacement switch and cover here.