Provide low profile access for charging two accessories with a dual recessed USB port wall plate. These sunken data charging ports are designed for any location requiring a flush surface while a USB cord is plugged into the wall. Great for accessing smart phones, tablets, e-readers where the port is behind furniture or computer equipment, thereby allowing for furnishings to be mounted close to the wall. (It is not possible to manufacture a recessed USB port that can be directly hooked up to power.)
- two USB charging ports install at back of recess
- 2-3/4" W x 4-1/2" H x 1-1/2" D metal plate with pushed-in connector access
- front recess depth of .75" for wallplate, 2" with jacks inserted
- 1/2" white installation screws included
- screw holes 3.281" apart center to center install in two-gang wall box
- steel plate with glossy white finish
- wallplate made in USA
- some assembly required
- UL listed high quality USB connectors by Leviton
- for type A plug USB cables on both ends (feed-through)
- CL2 rated cable recommended for in-wall wiring
- .67" x .64" x 1.39" in white
- feed-through female to female serial communication plugs
- meets USB 2.0 standard requirements
- jack made in Taiwan
USB JACK NOTE: Modular jacks for USB connectors that can be hardwired into your electrical system are not manufactured. There isn’t enough room in a tiny jack to power it. It would require a full-sized electrical outlet device. (But then that wouldn’t fit in a recessed device.) Our recessed USB jacks are pass-though type that would require cables on either side of it. The cable in the back would then need to be connected to a computer or regular outlet mounted elsewhere.
NOTE: Please allow for the additional needed clearance for your inserted USB cable and cord bend.
Create a jumbo recessed USB jack outlet cover by adding an extender wall guard cover plate.