Provide low profile access for charging accessories with a recessed USB wall plate. These sunken data USB ports are designed for any location requiring a flush surface while a USB cord is plugged into the wall as long as the other end of the cable is connected to an actual charging source like a computer. Great for accessing smart phones, tablets, e-readers where the port is behind furniture or computer equipment, thereby allowing for furnishings to be mounted close to the wall.
USB JACK NOTE: Modular jacks for USB connectors that can be hardwired into your electrical system are not manufactured. The unit we provide here includes a small passthrough jack which does not provide power to the USB port. Actually powering a USB insert would require a full-sized electrical outlet device. (But then that wouldn’t fit in a recessed device.) Again, our recessed USB jacks are a pass-though type that would require cables on either side of it. The cable in the back would then need to be connected to a computer or regular outlet mounted elsewhere to provide the USB charging source.
- one USB port at back of recess - must connect to a separate charging source
- 2-3/4" W x 4-1/2" H x 1-1/2" D metal plate with pushed-back jack access
- note: for oversized 6" x 4" version, get this item and place a single-gang plate extender behind it
- front recess depth of .75" for plate, 2" with jacks installed
- 1/2" white screws included
- box mount installation screw holes 3.281" apart center to center
- steel plate with gloss white finish
- American made
- high quality USB connector by Leviton
- .67" x .64" x 1.39" in white
- female to female connection serial communication plugs
- CL2 rated cable recommended for in-wall wiring
- meets USB 2.0 standard requirements
- fits type A plug USB cables
- UL listed
- made in Taiwan
- some assembly required
NOTE: Please be aware of additional clearance needed for your inserted jack and cord bend.
To create an oversized recessed USB jack cover combine with an extender wall plate