Place devices in a tight spot with a recessed electrical in-box designed for inset outlet, switch or cable. This indoor inbox pushed switches, cables and outlets back into the wall to allow close-to-the-wall placement of coffeemakers, toasters, and other small appliances. They can be used next to refrigerators where you need access to power and cables but there isn't much space. These single-gang inset wall boxes allow furniture and small appliances to be placed closer to the wall because the electrical cord plugs don't protrude past the face of the box.
- 4-3/16" W x 6-3/4" H x 4" D
- wallplate is set in about 1.5" from the surface of the box
- frame of box that sits on wall is 1/8" deep
- part that recesses into wall is 3-5/8" W x 5-7/8" H x 4" D (minimum size of opening needed)
- includes two paintable cover plates - one duplex style (center screw hole) and one decorator style (screw holes top and bottom)
- also may be used with your own wallplate covers (4-5/8" H x 2-7/8" W maximum)
- accepts most single gang wiring devices - switches, outlets, dimmers, phone jacks, cables, etc.
- 1-gang electrical box with installation hardware included
- mounting wings flip out on top and bottom sides to hold inset box securely against wall when screws are tightened down
- can be used for old or new construction (slots included for nails)
- UL and CSA listed
- made in USA by Arlington Industries
When To Use
- next to the side of refrigerators
- behind toasters, coffee pots, mixers, etc.
- in corners where drawers are too close to an adjacent wall
- on islands where plugs interfere with cabinet doors