This ivory low voltage Touch-Plate 5001 one button control unit is a direct replacement for older and newer Touch Plate systems. Switch panel includes one two-wire momentary switch, screw-less wall plate in matching finish, mounting bracket and screws. Replacement for older 5001, 5101, 50-1 & 50-1PL 1 button Touch-Plate units.
- 2 wire low voltage system (cannot be used in 3-wire systems)
- 4 amp @ 28 volts switch contact rating
- 5000 series Touch-Plate wiring diagram may be ordered separately - free with purchase
- 1 momentary contact switch
- durable plastic switch plate is 4-1/2" x 2-3/4", overall station depth is 13/16" from front face to back of button
- one 1-1/8" x 5/8" horizontal push button switch
- screw holes spaced 3-9/32" apart in bracket
- two 1" mounting screws included
- buy Touchplate 5001 light switches in 2 other colors
- replaces 5101, 50001, 50-1 & 50-1PL 1 button Touchplate units
- 500C1-0100A-IVR (5001-IVR) by Touch Plate, satin ivory
- made in USA
Browse more low voltage light switches, mechanical latching relays, transformer and transverter power supplies and more at Remote Control Wiring Parts. View all of our low volt electrical device styles at Touch-Plate Low Voltage Lighting Controls.
NOTE FOR 3-WIRE SYSTEMS: Upgrading a 3-wire system such as Remcon, GE or Bryant? This switch won't work. You must double the number of switches on those systems, so if you have a 1-switch unit, change to a 2-switch Touch-Plate.
Q & A
A. Touch Plate light switches are designed for use in a Touch-Plate low voltage system. It uses a 2-wire setup where the same button controls a single light by pushing it on or off as needed. But if you have vintage low voltage Remcon wiring, it is based on a 3-wire system, so when upgrading, the wiring must be adapted. You must use twice as many buttons as you were using because a 3-wire system is designed to have one button turn lights on and the other turn them off. (The functionality is similar to old Remcon rocker switches - rocking up was on, rocking down was off - but now they are just two separate buttons.)