Update a midcentury 12-switch GE low voltage dial control panel with this Touch Plate Classic eighteen-button control unit. These units are designed with nine pairs of buttons that correspond to the alternate directions on the vintage GE mini rockers or square pushbutton switches - top button/up direction was ON, the lower button/down direction was OFF. Choose from white, almond, or ivory for a stylish solution to refresh your existing low voltage set-up. Each switch station has nine pairs of 1/2" square button caps.
- replace a unit with nine GE low voltage switches with this 18-button (9-pair) control unit
- each pair of buttons replace one RS237, RS232, RS239, RTS6, RFS, etc. switches in GE, Bryant, Remcon and Sierra systems
- left buttons are the ON switches, right buttons are the OFF switches in each pair; each gang is stacked three pairs high across three gangs
- installs on a three-gang box or mounting ring; vintage GE RMS-4A was installed on a 2-gang box
- 2 wire switches easily adapt to a 3-wire system by doubling the number of buttons creating pairs of ON/OFF buttons
- 1 amp @ 28 volts switch contact rating
- 18 momentary contact switches
- free 3-wire to 2-wire low voltage installation guide to make adapting them easy
- 6.5" x 4.75" metal switchplate frame and cover
- plate has three 2" x 1-9/16" switch cutouts to fit around the face of three 6-button sets
- 3-9/32" screw hole spacing in metal bracket
- back depth is 5/8"; overall depth is 15/16" from front of button to back of terminal bar
- six 1.5" mounting screws for installing yoke to box, screw plate presses onto yoke
- made in America
Click Low Voltage Lighting Replacement Devices for relays and more switch options.
REMCON UPGRADES: If you are changing out parts on a Remcon low voltage system and your current master panel has either lighted or unlighted switches, then this is the correct replacement. LED lighted switches require a 4th wire for illuminating them which may not be available on Remcon systems. Note that this panel fits a 3-gang box, but the 9-button master panel was installed on a 4-gang box. If there is no box in the wall, the 3-gang low voltage ring and the 3-gang 8" x 6" extender panel may allow you to cover the gap and avoid having to patch drywall. Note that the master switch would no longer work as that specific functionality was unique to Remcon hardware. Only the original 8 light switches would work with the eight pairs (ON/OFF) of new buttons.