Update your vintage 2-switch GE low voltage light plate unit with these Touchplate four-button control units for a fresh new look. These units are designed with two pairs of buttons that correspond to the two directions on the vintage GE mini rockers or square pushbutton switches - one button/one direction was ON, the other button/direction was OFF. Choose from white, almond, black, or ivory for a stylish solution to refresh your existing low voltage set-up. Each switch station has two pairs of 1/2" square button caps.
- this 4-button unit is an alternative solution to replace a unit with two GE low voltage switches
- replaces two RS237, RS232, RS239, RTS6, RFS, etc. switches in GE, Bryant, Remcon and Sierra systems
- 2 wire switches easily adapted to a 3-wire system by doubling the number of buttons with pairs of ON/OFF buttons
- "ON" & "OFF" ARE NOT PRINTED ON SWITCH - order replacement engraved ON/OFF buttons separately if needed
- 1 amp @ 28 volts switch contact rating
- 4 momentary contact switches
- free 3 wire to 2 wire low voltage conversion guide to make installation easy
- 4-1/2" x 2-3/4" plastic screwless light switch plate
- 2" x 1-9/16" switch opening holes
- 3-9/32" screw hole spacing in metal bracket
- back depth is 5/8"; overall depth is 15/16" from front of button to back of terminal bar
- two 1" mounting screws
- made in USA
- cannot be used side by side in a 2-gang box: instead order a Classic 8-button control station to replace 4 GE switches on a 2-gang box.
Click Low Voltage Replacement Devices for relays and more switch options.
Q & A
Will this 4-switch unit fit the box where my current 2-button GE switch wallplate unit is now? Yes, this unit fits a the same size 1-gang box or 1-gang low voltage mounting ring that the vintage switches were mounted in. How do the wires connect? The wires on the switches can be connected to the wiring coming out of the wall using the wire nuts that are probably there now. Why are there four numbered terminals on the back? Because the pairs of ON and OFF buttons are separate, you will connect all wires as such: on the first switch attach the current red/ON wire to terminal 1 and the black/OFF wire to terminal 2; on the second switch attach the current red/ON wire to terminal 3 and the black/OFF wire to terminal 4; and the two white commons are combined with a pigtail wire to attach to the Switch Common (SC) terminal. A wiring diagram is included for this easy installation.