Extend a wall plate depth and fill a gaping space under a switch plate with this clever extender ring. These 3/16" spacer rings raise the switch or outlet cover .19" off the wall to hide ugly gaps around a protruding handy box. Perfect solution for removed paneling, incorrect drywall thickness, or smart home WiFi dimmers or timers with bulky electrical wiring.
Works with any single gang standard size switchplate (4.5" x 2.75") and most electrical devices including rocker or toggle light switches, dimmers, GFCI electrical outlets, duplex receptacles. Does not fit midsized covers - measure your plates to ensure they are not larger than listed size otherwise they will just drop inside the edges. These spacer rings are designed to precisely fit our standard size metal wall plates.
- 4.5" H x 2.75" W x 3/16" D, stackable to needed depth
- hard plastic rings in white
- for use on flat surfaces only; sand wall to remove bumps
- do not bend or item may crack
- inner opening 4.25" H x 2.25" W
- stack the spacer rings to create the depth you need - .19", .375", .57", etc.
- provides a cosmetic fix when mounting light plates
- held in place by friction of tightening your plate onto it, or by using electrical tape or caulking
- purchase cover plate separately if needed
- made exclusively by Kyle Switch Plates
- gloss acrylic, clean with warm water
- sits around electrical box
- can use with deep wallplate covers for additional depth
- mounts externally - creates an 3/16" raised edge under your trim plate
- if using with plates purchased elsewhere, measure your plates to ensure a good fit
- custom item made in USA
- Hide edges of electrical box that protrudes from wall
- Build up area around electrical box if bulky wiring causes devices to stick out of box