White Touchplate 5001 single switch control station is designed for use in both older and new Touch-Plate remote control wiring systems. Low voltage units include the device, plastic face plate, mounting screws and metal bracket. Use to replace discontinued 5101, 50-1 & 50-1PL 1 button Touch Plate units.
- 2 wire low voltage system (cannot be used in 3-wire system)
- 4 amp @ 28 volts switch contact rating
- 1 momentary contact switch
- durable plastic switch plate is 4-1/2" x 2-3/4", overall station depth is 13/16" from front face to back of button
- one 1-1/8" x 5/8" horizontal push button switch
- screw holes spaced 3-9/32" apart in bracket
- two 1" mounting screws included
- if you'd like to receive wiring instructions, please add a 5000 series Touch-Plate wiring diagram
- replaces 5001-WHT, 5101, 50-1, 50001, & 50-1PL 1 button Touchplate units
- 500C1-0100A-WHT by Touch Plate, warm satin white
- buy Touchplate 5001 switches in 2 other colors
- made in USA
Looking for plain or ornate wall plates in either metal or plastic finishes? Check out Kyle Switch Plates wide selection of Uncommon Wall Plate Sizes & Configurations.
NOTE FOR 3-WIRE SYSTEMS: Upgrading a 3-wire system such as Remcon, GE or Bryant? This switch won't work. You must double the number of switches on those systems, so if you have a 1-switch unit, change to a 2-switch Touch-Plate.
Q & A
A. No. Touch Plate light switches are based on a 2-wire low voltage system, whereas Remcon uses a 3-wire system. Because of this you have to double the number of switches you were using with Remcon because one button will turn the light on and the other will turn it off. (In Touchplate systems, the same button is used when turning lights on and off.)