Stacked Decora Rocker Wall Plate for Narrow Areas
Need to add switches or outlets to a narrow wall area? This custom tandem 2 decor rocker outlet cover fits into a space that is the width of a standard cover but is double long. Use with two single-gang metal handy boxes that are installed next to each other lengthwise. Perfect for areas between a cabinet and door trim, countertop and drawer, backsplash and window, etc., where you do not have enough room for a standard 2-gang masonry box.
- custom decorator wall plate covers made in USA
- 8.25" W x 2.75" H x 5/32" D metal plates
- designed for boxes spaced 3-29/32" apart on centers
- finish: white enamel (paintable) on .030" steel
- specialty screw hole spacing at 3.281" center to center for box mounting
- block openings positioned 3-29/32" center to center
- 4 matching 1/2" installation screws
- decor openings fit rocker switches, GFCI receptacles, block outlets, timers, ceiling fan controllers, slide dimmers, etc.
- Decora is a Leviton trademark
- designed to use with stacked or tandem handy boxes, but double check your spacing prior to installing boxes
- covers can be mounted sideways or vertically
Installation Note: Use the same screws to install the cover and the devices directly into the wall boxes. If mounting to a vintage box you may need additional mounting straps such as these in the link.
Need Wider Spacing? If your boxes are spaced about 3/16" apart, we suggest using two Half Short Decor Outlet Covers flipped with the short ends touching.
Adding a Phone Jack? Convert one or both of the rocker openings for a cable or phone jack using modular frames or inserts (see additional image). Note that because of the modified screw spacing, you may need hex nuts to secure the insert to the plate.