Fill the gap under an outlet cover or switch plate halfway over tiles or on deeply textured surfaces
Ended up with a switch or an electrical outlet that is half on tiling, half floating over the wall? Have highly uneven bricks that are leaving a gap under the wallplate where moisture or dirt can enter?
Kyle's specialty ring sits under a standard plate and allows you to avoid sealing your plate to the wall. (You still want the ability to remove your regular cover for painting or access to the box if you need to replace or upgrade the device.) This 1-gang under cover ring gives you a way to neatly fill the gaps right up to the edge of the plate then attractively cover the ring with a decorative wallplate - a toggle plate, duplex outlet cover, GFCI or slide dimmer wall plate, etc. You'll still be able to access your wiring without tearing up your wall in the process.
- American-made custom metal wall plate mud ring - Kyle Switch Plates exclusive
- kit includes ring, screws, gaskets, and tape
- completely flat cover with screw holes for box installation (lay it under your electrical device and install with the device screws)
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive design solution
- 2-5/8" W x 4-3/8" H x .03" D - slightly trimmed to sit flush under any of our metal wall plates in any regular single gang configuration
- use with an extender ring if needed to pull your electrical device to the top of a tiled surface, thick granite counter top, etc.
- mount under your electrical device so it can be easily be changed in the future if need be
- two foam insulation gaskets (do not use with dimmers because of the risk of fire - use caution) and double-stick tape included to fill gap - layer and trim as needed to fill the area under this panel, then seal with caulking, or just fill full area with caulking
- do not use foam gaskets with dimmers, instead use caulking to fill gap
- only use foam gaskets in dry locations
- 2 matching 1/2" screws included
- white enamel finish steel
- provide a surface for sealing highly textured tiles around an electrical box
- fill gaps from uneven brick laying with caulking and the provided foam gaskets
- fill in the space under floating wall plates in electrical boxes that are partially covered by backsplashes
- provide easy access to your wall box for future painting or electrical repairs