Deeper Raised 1 Decor Rocker Light Switch Plates for Protruding Boxes
These specialized 5/16" extra deep 2-gang rocker wall plates are designed for several uses:
- 1-gang protruding box: covering a single decorator electrical device in either a double gang masonry box that protrudes from the wall such as after paneling has been removed.
- 2-gang protruding 4.25" box: install a single device in the middle of a double box to allow room for bulky wiring (may require mud ring)
- 1-gang standard or shallow box with bulky wiring for speakers, security alarms, etc., that require extra room around the device - might need adjustable screw spacers to install device securely first
- 2-gang standard or shallow box with deep dimmer, timer or other unit that can't be placed fully into the box - might need adjustable screw spacers to install device securely first
- American-made custom configuration
- 4-9/16" W x 4-1/2" H x 5/16" D metal cover (about 1/8" deeper than standard)
- 4 matching 1/2" mounting screws
- note: box mounting - 3.281" spread (not standard 3.812") because of deeply beveled edges
- block opening fits rocker, paddle, Dacora, GFCI, Decora (Leviton trademark), slide dimmer, timer or decorator style devices
Request smaller plaster ring in checkout notes if ordering one for use with a 4.25" box.
Note - due to steeply beveled edges, screws holes have been moved together to use box spacing - screw through cover, through electrical device, then into wall box.