Protect walls and paint with this clear plastic extender shields from sticky fingers and dirty hands in high traffic areas. It can also cover gaps under plates left by bulky devices.
To Use As a Wall Guard: Functions as a light switch plate shield to protect the wall area around your double electrical box in heavy traffic areas. When used this way with a regular sized 2-gang electrical wallplate (4.5" x 4.5") it does not fill gaps.
Single Gang Option: This wall shield can also be used on a single gang box if you select a centered device cover (4.5" x 4.5"). See Centered Toggle Switchplate, Centered Rocker Wall Plate, or Centered Outlet Cover. Note that this clear ring is no longer manufactured in a single gang version.
To Use As a Deep Extender: Fill a 1/4" gap under a 2-gang switchplate with these raised wall plate extender shields. When used with an oversized wall plate it will cover the gap under a wall plate caused by bulky electrical devices sticking out of shallow wall boxes. Clear plastic double gang wall switch plate extension helps hide a floating switch plate on a protruding electrical box. Can also lift a jumbo switch plate 1/4" off the wall, extending your old junction box to make room for new deeper GFCI outlets, dimmers, and other bulky home automation devices.
Versatile: Extender shield works both standard and oversized double gang electrical switch plates with most electrical devices including toggle light switches, rocker switches, GFCI ground fault outlets & duplex receptacles.
- clear plastic ring allows wall color to show through
- 7" H x 7" W x .25" D at the two outer rings located at 6"x 6" and 5.5" x 5.5"
- no lift if using with standard wall plates than range from 4.5" to 4.75" square
- inner opening 4-1/16" H x 3-15/16" W
- fits around a 4" square electrical box
- you might have to sand inside edges of ring slightly to allow it fit down over your box
- no screws included
- use with oversized 2-gang light switch covers to create depth
- 1/2" distance from surface of jumbo plate to wall when used together
- made in Mexico by Leviton
Tip: If you need to cover up a large gap in sheetrock around a switch, you can also paint the backside of this shield to hide the damage.