Thin 2" Wide Decorator Rocker Switch Plates
Narrow single gang modern rocker switch plates for tight spaces where sides of standard covers are blocked by obstructions at the surface of the wall.
AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER - STAINLESS STEEL EST. 2/5/21 ARRIVAL; WHITE AVAILABLE 2/17/21
- made in USA
- UL listed
- 2" W x 4-1/2" H x 5/32" D - narrowest size possible for rocker opening
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive customized configuration - only manufactured in metal (not in plastic)
- NOTE: this size cannot be made narrower because of the width of the Decora opening
- 2 matching 1/4" screws
- standard decor opening: 1-5/16" W x 2-5/8" H; width of plate on each side of opening: 11/32"
- when trying to make it fit note that the device mounting slot usually has a little bit of wiggle room
- note: standard electrical wall box is 2.12" wide
- rectangular opening fits all rocker, GFCI, Dacor, block, paddle, and Decora style devices (Decora is a Leviton trademark term)
- narrow electrical box not required / not manufactured
Q & A
No. Standard wall boxes are 2" wide and are typically recessed into the Sheetrock or plaster. Narrow wall plates are typically needed when there are obstructions (cabinets, tiling, etc.) butting up against the electrical box or slightly covering it. The narrow switch plate will fit into the tight space between obstructions and cover the exposed part of the box. Consult an electrician regarding codes for your installation.