GE Passive Infrared (PIR) ceiling occupancy sensors for low voltage installations can be used individually or in combination to provide lighting control and integration with HVAC control throughout a building.
The sensor’s segmented lens divides the field of view into sensor zones, and detects the changes in temperature that are created when a person, or part of a person as small as a hand, passes into or out of a sensor zone.
The lights will remain ON as long as the sensor detects movement through the detector zones. When no motion is detected, lights are switched OFF following a preset time delay.
The GE Passive Infrared ceiling sensor has an ambient light level sensor. Using the DIP Switches located on the back of the unit, the user can select the ambient light level above which artificial light is not required. If ambient light is above this level when motion is detected, the sensor will keep the lights OFF until the ambient light falls below this level. If this level is reached while the lights are ON, the sensor will switch the lights OFF.
The technology contained within sensor continuously self-adjusts sensitivity and time-delay automatically and immediately in response to occupant behavior. There is no need for time consuming manual adjustments or to “learn” behavior patterns over extensive periods of time.
- PassiveInfrared (PIR) technology; 360° field of view; up to 450 sq. ft. coverage
- Electrical input Rating: 10-30VDC from GE Switchpack or GE System. Maximum current needed is 25mA per sensor.
- Electrical Output Rating: Open collector output to switch upto ten GE Switchpacks; Isolated Form C Relay Ratings: 1A 30 VDC/VAC
- Time Delays: Self-Adjusting from 10min. to 30min.
- Operating Environment: Temperature: 60°F–80°F (15°C–26°C)
- Relative Humidity: up to 95% non-condensing; for indoor use only
- Medium impact injection-molded housing; ABS resin complies with UL 94V0; Paintable off-white
- Dimensions: 4.7” diameter, 1.5”deep (119.4mmx38.1mm)
- Daylight sensor: 10fc - 150fc user selectable
- LED Indicators: Red LED indicates PIR detection
- Operating Modes: Automatic ON/Automatic OFF Manual ON/Automatic OFF