Install a black AFCI outlet and protect your home & family against deadly electrical fires from arcing in your electrical wiring or receptacles. This 20A black tamper-resistant arc-fault detecting receptacle is designed to interrupt power if in order to reduce the risk of electrical fires if arcing is detected.
When an arc fault occurs, electricity arcs across damaged wires which can lead to a fire.
- 20 amp, 125 volt
- AFCI / Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter
- arc-faults can occur in walls, electrical cords & at loose electrical connections
- tamper-resistant (TR) feature for child safety compliance in residences and child-care structures
- satin black plastic with matching black wallplate and screws provided
- plugs auto test AFCI when "RESET" button is pushed
- if circuit isn't deemed in good working order safety receptacle will not reset
- back and side wired; made in China
- meets or exceeds UL requirements for tripping time
- meets NEC requirements for AFCI protection in home modifications as well as new circuits or in replacement receptacles
- brass-hot, green-ground, silver-neutral terminals
- green LED indicator on this black AFTR power outlet brings attention to a line-load wiring reversal when tripped
- fits modern decorator wall plates and GFCI outlet covers