Install Leviton's brown20A tamper-resistant arc fault outlets to help protect your residence from arcing in wiring and receptacles which cause the most common type of electrical fires. These rich brown AFCI outlets are specifically designed to identify dangerous arc-faults and respond by interrupting the power supply to the device.
Dangerous arc-faults can occur inside walls, at loose electrical connections, within damaged or frayed cords on lighting fixtures or appliances. Extension cords may be unknowingly damaged when run over or crushed by furniture, or from repeated tugging on cords when removed from sockets. This can result in electricity arcing across the wires to finish the connection and lead to a fire in a house, dorm, or apartment.
- 20 amp, 125 volt, 20 amp feed-through
- brown AFCI receptacle includes plastic wall plate
- internal controls automatically test the arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) every time the RESET button is depressed; won't reset if AFCI circuit isn't properly functioning
- meets or exceeds UL requirements for tripping time for series & parallel arcs
- tamper-resistant for impaired adult and child safety - shutter mechanism helps prevent access unless a two-prong plug is inserted
- compliant with the latest NEC® requirement for tamper-resistant outlets in both residences and childcare facilities
- back & side wired to make installation easy - the line-load reversal diagnostic feature prevents the AFCI from being reset and stops power from being fed to the AFCI receptacle face or through to downstream devices
- green LED indicator on the AFCI’s face also illuminates to alert the installer to a line-load wiring reversal when the device is in the tripped state
- install this item to meet NEC requirements for AFCI protection in a variety of was: for new circuits, circuit modifications, or replacement receptacles
- terminal ID: brass (hot) / green (ground) / silver (neutral)
- SmartlockPro OBC AFCI feature blocks reset of AFCI when functionality is compromised (which reduces possibility of homeowner or renter incorrectly assuming a reset AFCI is providing protection)
- fits decora / GFCI wall plates
- made in China