Tall Doorbell Cover for Specialized Recessed Smart Doorbell Unit that Juts Into Wall Box
Easily install a high-end smart video door bell on an old intercom speaker box with this custom 7.5" high cover plate. Replacement intercom wall plate features a center cutout for mounting a high-end video doorbell that requires a wall box rather than a flat surface for mounting. (This cover is NOT for flush mounted basic smart doorbells that sit on top of the wall surface - be sure to look at all of our photos.) This tall specialty plate has screw holes that are spaced 5.25" apart and is fitted with a standard box-mounting ring to make it easy to install a smart door bell, thermostat or other specialty electrical device that typically mounts into a standard box. Use this cover when adapting a video doorbell to fit a large wall box used for vintage speaker doorbells.
- 7.5" H x 5.5" W x 5/32" D plate with center cutout
- IMPORTANT: Designed for bulky-backed PARTIALLY RECESSED camera doorbell models where the largest part of the unit goes into a wall box behind the plate. This might fit the taller $450+ Ring Doorbell Elite (sits half in the box and half outside on top of the box.) SEE PHOTOS and BE SURE TO MEASURE
- THIS IS NOT DESIGNED FOR SURFACED-MOUNTED VIDEO CAMERA DOORBELLS. SEE THIS PLATE INSTEAD: 7.5" H Video Camera Doorbell Cover Plate with Small Center Hole for Wires
- we recommend measuring to ensure you have clearance around brick and masonry that juts out beyond the all surface
- 304 stainless steel with a gray baked enamel finish or brushed aluminum
- American-made customized wall plate covers
- designed for high-end doorbells like some models of the Ring Elite that push into a standard 2" x 4" box
- does not work with surface-mount doorbells because cutout is wider than your camera doorbell
- note: not designed for mounting your smart doorbell inside or behind the center cutout opening (if you want to install a different Ring or other model, etc., BEHIND this cover you must make your own mounting subfloor)
- mounting screw holes spaced 5.25" apart center to center
- two 1" steel screws
- standard box spacing created with black center installation ring: 3.281" (3-9/32") device installation holes (center to center) on 1-gang non-metallic mounting ring (included)
- Cutout is 2-3/16" W x 3-3/4" H before plastic mounting ring is installed. Clearance is about 1-7/8" x 2-15/16" with bracket installed.
- use with a moisture gasket, weatherstripping or silicone for a tight seal
- some assembly required
- replaces old doorbells, door chimes, intercom speakers, etc.
Find plates with other screw spacing for other Nutone, TekTone, M&S, etc., intercom units that buzz or ring. Doorbell cover plates for vintage chimes and speakers are available in a variety of options and colors. See No Hole Triple-Gang Wall Plates if you want to drill your own holes for custom screw spacing.
Need other screw spacing? Please contact us and tell us what spacing you need, along with your brand and model information if available. New sizes being added on regular basis.
For help determining your screw spacing and box size, see Door Bell Cover Measuring Tips.