Doorbell Cover for Specialized Recessed Camera Doorbell Units that Jut Into Wall Box
Easily install a high-end video door bell on an old Nutone intercom speaker box with this custom 6-3/8" high cover plate. Replacement Nutone wall plate features a center cutout for mounting a high-end video doorbell that sets back into the wall. (This cover is NOT for flush mounted basic smart doorbells - be sure to look at all of our photos.) This large specialty plate has screw holes that are spaced 5.25" apart and is fitted with a standard box-mounting ring to make it easy to install a smart door bell that typically mounts on a standard wall box. Use this cover for camera doorbells that push into a regular wall box instead of just sitting on the surface of your wall.
- 6-3/8" H x 4-1/2" W x 5/32" D plate with center cutout
- IMPORTANT: designed for PARTIALLY RECESSED models such as some models of the $450 Ring Doorbell Elite (sits half in the box and half outside on top of the box) SEE PHOTOS plus Q&A BELOW and BE SURE TO MEASURE
- THIS IS NOT DESIGNED FOR SURFACED-MOUNTED VIDEO CAMERA DOORBELLS. SEE THIS PLATE INSTEAD: 6.4" H Video Camera Doorbell Cover Plate with Small Center Hole for Wires
- we recommend measuring to ensure you have clearance around brick and masonry
- if you want to install a different Ring or other model, etc., BEHIND this cover you must make your own mounting subfloor
- clear anodized finish on .040" thick aluminum, vertical grain
- American-made customized wall plate
- designed for high-end doorbells like some models of the Ring Elite that push into a standard 2" x 4" box
- does not work with surface-mount doorbells because cutout is wider than your camera doorbell
- note: not designed for mounting your smart doorbell inside or behind the center cutout opening
- mounting screw holes spaced 5.25" apart center to center
- two 1/2" steel screws
- standard box spacing: 3.281" (3-9/32") device installation holes (center to center) on 1-gang non-metallic mounting ring (included)
- Cutout is 2-3/16" W x 3-3/4" H before plastic mounting ring is installed. Clearance is about 1-7/8" x 2-15/16" with bracket installed.
- use with a moisture gasket, weatherstripping or silicone for a tight seal
- some assembly required
- replaces old doorbells, door chimes, intercom speakers, etc.
Find plates with other screw spacing for other Nutone, TekTone, M&S, etc., intercom units that buzz or ring. Doorbell cover plates for vintage chimes and speakers are available in a variety of options and colors. See No Hole Triple Switch Plates if you want to drill your own holes for custom screw spacing.
Need other screw spacing? Please contact us and tell us what spacing you need, along with your brand and model information if available. New sizes being added on regular basis.
For help measuring your box and screw spacing, see Doorbell Cover Measuring Tips.