Door Bell Plate for High-End Recessed Smart Doorbell Control that Juts Into Wall Box
Update to a new smart doorbell by replacing NuTone intercom speakers or other older door chimes that buzz or ring. Elite video doorbells add safety and convenience and are a welcome upgrade for vintage door speakers and ringers because you can use your smart phone to monitor activity by your door. (This specialty cover is NOT designed for standard flush-mount doorbell units - be sure to look at all of our photos.) This customized wall plate is 6.38" high by 4.5" wide and features a large center opening for installing bulky units that set back into a standard wall box. Wall plate installation screw holes are spaced 4-1/2" apart when measured from center to center. The screw holes for mounting video doorbells are spaced 3-9/32" apart (standard box mounting).
- IMPORTANT: designed for PARTIALLY RECESSED models such as some models of the $450 Ring Doorbell Elite (sits half in the box and half outside the box) SEE PHOTOS plus Q&A BELOW and BE SURE TO MEASURE
- THIS IS NOT DESIGNED FOR SURFACED-MOUNTED VIDEO CAMERA DOORBELLS. SEE THIS PLATE INSTEAD: 6.4" H Video Camera Doorbell Cover Plate with Small Center Hole for Wires
- cover itself may still need to fit between bricks and masonry - we recommend measuring to ensure you have clearance
- 6-3/8" H x 4-1/2" W x 5/32" D plate with center cutout
- clear anodized finish on .040" thick aluminum, vertical grain
- American-made specialty cover plate
- designed for high-end doorbells similar to some models of the Ring Elite that push into a standard 2" x 4" box
- does not work with surface-mount doorbells (you cannot mount your doorbell inside or behind the center cutout opening UNLESS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN SUBPLATE)
- 6-3/8" H x 4-1/2" W x 5/32" D
- installation screw holes spaced 4.5" apart measured center to center
- two 1/2" steel screws
- 3.281" spaced device installation holes on included 1-gang non-metallic mounting ring
- clearance is 1-7/8" x 2-15/16" with bracket installed. Cutout area is 2-3/16" W x 3-3/4" H before plastic mounting ring is installed
- some assembly required
- use with a moisture gasket, weatherstripping or silicone for a tight seal
- replaces old door bells, doorchimes, door speaker intercoms, etc.
For help measuring your intercom box and screw spacing, see Tips for Measuring Intercom Boxes.
Find covers for other intercoms like M & S, NuTone, TekTone, etc., that buzz or ring. Doorbell cover plates for older chimes and speakers: Camera Doorbell Cover Plates.
Looking for screws holes spaced with different dimensions? Please contact us and let us know what distance you need, along with your brand and model information if available. New sizes are being added on regular basis.
Need a completely blank cover so you can cut your own holes? See No Hole Triple Wall Plates in a choice of finishes.