2-1/2" Skinny Wall Subplate Fills Tight Areas On Any Narrow Configuration
Need a 2.5" narrow wall plate to fit between tile or cabinetry? Fill the gap neatly with this slim expander that sits behind any 2.25" narrow switchplate - outlet, toggle, Decora, cable, blank, dimmer, etc. This undercover panel is designed to be 1/4" narrower and taller (1/8" on all four sides) than a regular plate (2.75" x 4.5") to give you an attractive border around any narrow faceplate while still hiding the electrical box. An easy solution for tight locations where obstructions like new cabinets, furniture, backsplashes, or tiling are blocking the wall area around a single gang electrical box.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A SUB-PLATE THAT MUST BE USED WITH A 2.25" WALL PLATE (PURCHASED SEPARATELY) IN YOUR NEEDED CONFIGURATION. SHOP NARROW TRIM PLATES TO FIND YOUR COVER.
- metal wall plate extender made in USA - Kyle Switch Plates custom design
- 2-1/2" W x 4.75" H x .03" D undersized switch plate adapter fits tight against wall
- center opening is 1.85" wide to allow room for mounting single outlets, duplex devices, Decora dimmers, etc.
- designed to lay under a 2.25" or 2" narrow trim plate (purchased separately depending upon configuration and color needed)
- box mounting screw holes (3.281" spread)
- completely flat wall plate with no beveled edges -
- narrow electrical box unneeded - easily covers 2" wall box
- 2 steel 1/2" mounting screws
- to install, turn off power, remove screws holding electrical device in place, lay panel either over or under (for a tighter fit against wall) device straps and screw together into box; cover with wallplate and screw back into place
- white enamel finish steel panels - if desired, can be painted to match your wall color
Q & A
A. Electrical devices typically protrude from the wall about 1/8" of an inch, so a flat plate will not fit tightly against the wall leaving a gap. For the best fit, you want to use this subplate because it is installed behind your device and so fits tightly against the wall. You can then mount your electrical device on top of it and cover it with a narrow beveled plate for a neat, professional look. Q. Can I use this plate by itself without another cover on top of it?
A. No. The cutout in this subplate provides full width access to the electrical box. The cutout area is larger than a Decora Rocker/GFCI device and so requires a faceplate to cover the gap between the switch and the outside edges of the box.