Touch-Plate Zone-RP powered dimmer pack is a complete relay and step-down transformer power supply in one with added dimming capability making it an excellent stand-alone solution for any lighting load that needs to be dimmed or controlled from more than one location. These single point lighting control solutions can be used in hospitals, hotels, new or vintage homes, etc., that require remotely installed relays.
These dimmer power packs also can be used to replace vintage R-115 and R-115S Remcon transformer relays that are no longer manufactured as of early 2021. When updating retro Remcon lighting systems to the dimmer pack you'll need to update your switches to Touch-plate Lighting control stations on a 1-to-1 replacement. (Replace a 3-button Remcon unit with a 3-button Touch Plate unit.) Dimming functionality allows you to raise or lower the brightness level of dimmable LED bulbs, incandescent bulbs, etc. This Touch Plate power pack should be installed on its own circuit, so be sure any switches are connected only to the local room switch(es) and is not connected to a master panel (with Remcon relays).
These light dimmer power packs also can be used to replace vintage RR7 or RR9 relays to enable light dimming. When updating retro GE lighting systems to add a dimmer pack you'll need to update your switches to Touch-plate Lighting control stations on a 1-to-1 replacement. (Replace a 3-button GE unit with a similar-looking 3-button Touch Plate unit such as the 5003 Light Switch. Dimming functionality allows you to dim or brighten the lighting to a desired level when using dimmable LED bulbs, incandescent bulbs, etc. This Touch Plate power pack should be installed on its own circuit, so be sure the switch is connected only to the local room switch(es) and is not connected to a master dial controller or any other units with GE relays.
If the dimming power pack doesn’t fit inside the current box (often in the ceiling by the light fixture rather than in a cabinet enclosure), it would need to be mounted inside its own electrical box because of the high voltage coming in to it.
When installing this standalone powered relay pack be sure it is not connected to any other switches wired in parallel (two switches controlling the same fixture on either end of a hallway, stairwell, etc.), relays, transformers, or master panels.
- primary voltage 120VAC
- powers both Touch-Plate LED pilot light switches as well as standard unlighted switches
- incandescent maximum 800W; LED maximum 450W
- unit contains mechanism and extra wire needed for powering Touch Plate LED pilot lighted switches or regular unlighted switches
- 0 - 120 degrees F (0 - 50 degrees C) non-condensing atmosphere
- black PET Rynite 530 with aluminum heatsink
- load compatibility: incandescent, fluorescent, LED, magnetic low voltage, electronic low voltage
- 3-5/16" L x 3-1/4" W X 1-7/8" D without threaded nipple (or 2-1/4" D with threaded nipple)
- Low voltage wiring - white: common; orange: switch input; blue: pilot indictor
- Line voltage wiring - white: neutral; black 120V, red: switched leg (load)
- Quick Press: press same button on/off to return to last preset level
- Press & Hold: Increase brightness - release button at desired lighting level
- if the dimmer channel overheats, the LED/Pilot light will flash; dimmer then goes into thermal override
- dimmer will turn the load off and the LED will flash until it cools down. Once cooled down, it will turn the load back on and the LED/Pilot light will stop flashing
Browse Kyle Switch Plates online store for a wide range of Touch-Plate Switches & Wall Covers.