Replace your old GE RA13 base and RFS6 vintage rocker switch with this wall-mounted unit. Although larger than the old switch and frame units, this GE replacement light switch and extension ring set is still designed to sit on surface locations where you do not have an electrical switch box set into the wall such as on cement or plaster walls. The switch itself has two buttons to replicate the old rockers where one side pushes on and the other off.
This set includes an extender ring with screws, cover plate with screws, and a new GE light switch with connectors. You will need to buy separate mounting anchors appropriate for your surface material if you cannot use the regular electrical screws included.
- replacement for General Electric RA 13 frame or the RSS-1 surface-mounted switch
- requires bending the new quick connectors to a 90 degree angle - can be easily done with pliers
- extender ring is 5" H x 3.25" W x 3/4" D
- white plastic extender ring adds 3/4" depth to allow switch to sit above wall surface; screw holes spaced 3-9/32" apart
- wall plate is 4.5" high by 2-3/4" wide x 5/32" deep; screw spread spacing 3.281" center to center
- smooth wall plate has a white enamel finish on .030" thick steel
- 2 matching 1/2" standard white screws and plus two long 1-5/8" screws for the extender ring included; purchase longer wallplate screws if needed
- UL listed 3A 24 V.A.C. SPDT momentary manual override switches by GE; five 0.187" quick disconnect terminals
- one switch button turns light on; the other turns light off with both marked on side of housing
- wire as needed for a single pole or 3-way installation - order GE Switch Wiring Instructions
- replaces units with General Electric RFS3, RFS6 and RFS9 rocker switches and similar-looking Bryant switches in buff, white, ivory, etc.
- some assembly required
- made in America
- Kyle Switch Plates exclusive