Need custom wall plates? Choose sizes, layouts, and marking options (engraving, printing, pre-made labels) to create specialized electrical switch plates and outlet covers that best suit your project.
Custom Wall Plate Marking Options
Need a custom wall plate that has emergency, use or location information on it?
There are three ways to label your switches:
- adhesive engraved label tags
- engraved wall plates
- silkscreen printed wall plates
Adhesive Switch Labels:
The simplest way to label a light switch or outlet is to have an adhesive tag engraved here.
These engraved labels for switches come with a strong adhesive tape backing and can be applied directly to your wall plate to label your switches or outlets.
Light Switch Label Sets
Choose from our etched metal light switch ID labels that can be attached with screws or adhesive.
We have 16 different sets of switch identifiers including things such as light, fan, on, off, disposal, porch, patio and more.
These tags are pre-etched and ready to ship. An attractive way to quickly and easily identify what your switches do.
Engraved Switch Plates:
For a professional custom look, you can also order custom engraved switch plates.
Engraved plates will have the text cut into the metal or plastic and filled with color (black shown - other colors available.)
This is an affordable option if you need small quantities of the same labeled switch plates.
For larger quantities, the more affordable way to label your faceplate is with silkscreen printing.
Silkscreen Printed Wall Plates:
The silkscreen method does not etch or cut into the cover, but rather prints directly onto the metal or plastic.
Shown here is an example of a dial plate with silkscreened numbers around the knob opening.
Example of filled and non-filled switch plate lettering.
How to Order:
Adhesive labels can be ordered here. They are done in-house and once ordered, will ship out in 1-2 business days.
For custom engraved or silkscreened label cover plates, there is at least a 6-week lead time for production. Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information to receive a quote:
- configuration (ex: 1-gang duplex cover)
- size (ex: standard, oversized, or provide specific dimensions)
- finish (ex: stainless steel, white plastic)
- desired text (ex: RECORDING)
- method (engraved or silkscreen)
Customized Light Switch Wall Plates
Have wall plate covers built to order in a custom size. Please contact us with the opening requirements. Minimum job cost is $100 to cover setup times. Note that the price is determined by the size, complexity, and quantity needed; the per-piece price drops dramatically as the quantity increases.
- Hard to Find Plates: Quality UL listed American-made wall plates in durable metal finishes.
- Quantity Pricing: Price per plate will go down as quantity increases. We will quote you after receiving order. (Order one plate for quoting purposes and indicate in Order Notes the quantity you want quoted.)
- Free Quotes: We can quote your needed sizes, but larger, more complex sizes will cost more.
- Custom Order: Custom order plates cannot be returned or exchanged. No changes possible once order has been placed.
Need a quote on an unusual wall plate size? Buying standard wall plates in quantity? Kyle Switch Plates produces more than 450 stock switch plates in many hard-to-find sizes and offers clever solutions for creating many other configurations. We can custom manufacture odd wall switch plates in larger quantities (or even a small quantity for those who absolutely must have a special size for a job). A single plate starts at $100, but if you buy in quantity the price will come way down - the larger the quantity, the lower the unit price.
Get a quote on a custom wall plate size or large quantity. Kyle Switch Plates produces 450+ standard & hard-to-find sizes. Metal or plastic finishes. (Note that we cannot make custom sizes in plastic. However, the metal plates in the baked enamel finishes such as white look nearly the same but wear so much better over time.)
Serving electricians, builders, professional contractors, facility managers, hardware retailers, and maintenance engineers for industrial, manufacturers of custom machinery, commercial and government properties. We can make custom plates for schools, hospitals, military bases, manufacturing plants and more.
There is a $100 special order minimum with a 6 week production lead time. Most any size can be made, but producing just a few custom plates can be very expensive because of the extra time involved, initial setup costs, and cutting or welding processes. If you're looking for a faster, more affordable option for a special size, or only need a couple of covers, we recommend reviewing Customize A Wall Switch Plate for easy solutions for creating a custom light switch plate from a more common size.
- Types of Light Switch Plates: Kyle Switch Plates can build switchplates in most any size based on your spec drawings indicating exact size and location of openings and screw holes. Switch plates options can include features such as multiple gangs high, multiple gangs wide, engraved and filled with color, odd opening sizes.
When having a custom switchplate made, there are numerous options for customizing it. Get Quote for Odd Size Switchplate: Please email us the size and configuration, metal finish and quantity you need. We will let you know if it's doable, then get back to you with a price and estimation of lead time.
- Any Height
- Any Width
- Oddly Sized Openings
- Any Spacing Between Device Openings or Screw Holes
- Choice of Metal Finish
- Edge - Standard 45 Degree Bevel, 90 Degree Return, or Flat
- Screen Printing
- Engraving Filled With Color
What You'll Need to Provide
- A line drawing with all dimensions including opening sizes if not standard.
- Please confirm if an opening is standard - regular toggle, rocker, duplex outlet, etc., opening and screw spacing.
- Screw hole spacing must be listed in center-to-center length for accuracy.
- Number of plates needed.
- If there is a slightly cheaper way to produce a plate with a more standard dimension, we will offer that quote at the same time.
- Please check dimensions carefully as custom switch plates are not eligible for return.
- Tip: Don't assume you are reading your ruler wrong if the measurement seems to be an oddball size. Switch plates often have very unusual lengths, opening dimensions and spread hole spreads. Be exact.
Standard Dimensions - Use These Sizes For More Affordable Pricing
Custom switchplates can be expensive to produce, so for a more affordable approach, we recommend using any of the sizes below. Beveled wallplates with custom dimensions must have their corners bent and welded by hand, which adds considerably to their price, so if you can create a switchplate in any of the dimensions below you will save money. You may use the covers horizontally or vertically to fit your sizing needs. To avoid the cost of welded corners when you absolutely must have very specific dimensions, you may want to consider simple flat (non-beveled) plates, if that option is possible for your project.
|Standard Height||Taller Height|
|1.0" x 4.5"||2.75" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|1.5" x 4.5"||3.5" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|2.0" x 4.5"||4.56" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|2.25" x 4.5"||6.38" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|2.75" x 4.5"||8.19" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|4.56" x 4.5"||10.0" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|6.38" x 4.5"||11.81" x 5.0" (Rounded corners)|
|8.19" x 4.5"||3.5" x 5.5"|
|10.0" x 4.5"||5.5" x 5.5"|
|11.81" x 4.5"||7.5" x 5.5"|
|13.63" x 4.5"||9.5" x 5.5"|
|15.44" x 4.5"||11.5" x 5.5"|
|17.25" x 4.5"||5.0" x 5.0" Circle|
|19.06" x 4.5" (Maximum Length)||1.75" x 6.13"|
|2.75" x 8.25" (Stacked Height)||1.75" x 8.13"