Find superior quality white plastic switch plates and outlet covers in a wide range of sizes. Attractive standard and mid-way gloss white plastic wall plates are made of strong and durable Lexan so they won't crack, fade or discolor. These flexible, unbreakable Lexan switchplates are perfect for covering old paint build-up, cracked plaster, or contractor errors. UL approved.
What are the advantages of Kyle Switch Plates's plastic switchplates?
- Plates Can Bend Slightly for a Better Fit: Bendable wallplate material is somewhat flexible, so plates can flex slightly when twisted. Flexible construction conforms to uneven wall surfaces and tolerates over-tight screws.
- Thicker: These Lexan plastic switch plates have a thickness of .070", so they are a heavier weight than standard nylon plates.
- Stronger: Lexan wall cover plates can withstand several times more impact, torque and load deflection than nylon or thermoset plates. Nylon and thermoset wall plates are rigid and can break or crack if too much pressure is applied (such as when screwing plate into the wall).
- Color Doesn't Change: Wallplates have excellent color retention. They will not fade, discolor or warp due to UV light or humidity. Glossy wallplate covers resist grease, oils, and solvents, too.
- Better Grade: Superior quality plastic plates unmatched by the rigid, cheap nylon or thermoset plastic wallplates found at big box hardware stores.
- Ratings: Meet or exceed UL, CSA, and NEC requirements. Specification grade material, suitable for hospitals, schools, and other institutional facilities. All mid size wall coverplates are UL listed 514C, CSA approved, and comply with the National Electric Code (NEC) and Federal Specification WP455a, with the exception of 5/8" cable plates (CL).
- More Sizes: Buy 50 sizes including standard and midi oversized plastic switch plates and outlet covers.
Can I buy oversized plastic switch plates?
Quality jumbo plastic light switch covers are not available. Plastic switch plates are made in 50 standard and midway sizes, but if you need a 5.5" high wall plate or larger, we recommend buying oversized metal switchplates. Here is why:
More Sizes: With over sixty sizes available, you'll be able to have a complete set, and any covers you add a later date will match.
More Finishes: Choose from oversized cover plates in 15 finishes to find the one that best complements your home.
Unbreakable: Sturdy and durable, metal switch plates are an excellent value.
Standard Look: Whether you choose oversized white outlet covers or standard, the basic shape is the same and will match the general look of your current plastic switch plates. In the photo, compare a regular plastic toggle switch plate, a mid size outlet cover, and an oversized rocker switch plate.
Flexible: Unlike ceramic or wood light switch covers, metal wallplates can bend slightly to adjust to surface variations.
Shop for Oversized Switchplates & Outlet Covers in 60+ Sizes